- About this course
Writing a CV or application is challenging, as it’s hard to know exactly what will make you stand out and get you the job you deserve.
On this course, you’ll learn from experts at the University of Sheffield’s career service as they share their advice on writing exceptional applications, CVs (or résumés), cover letters and personal statements.
You’ll learn everything from promoting yourself through writing and analysing job ads to researching an organisation and using the STAR technique.
You’ll also hear from employers and admissions tutors to find out what they really look for in a candidate.
- What will you achieve?
Understanding your skills
- Analysing job adverts and course descriptions
- Researching the organisation
- Promoting yourself through positive writing
- Mastering applicant tracking systems
- Creating a personal brand
- Dealing with gaps in your application
CVs and covering letters
- Making a positive impression
- Begin course
The course can be accessed via the link below. Will open in a new window.