- About this course
This course is about how to bring people together to engage in different activities. It is about encouraging self-organising and creating space for things to happen. Developing opportunities for mutual support and linking in with other support groups/organisations. This course will highlight a number of examples of how different communities organised their project.
eg. Macmerry Mens' Shed and Kennoway Community Shed
- Who is this course for?
This course is for people who are interested in:
- Reducing social isolation within a community.
- Sharing skills and/or 'upskilling'.
- Reducing the 'heat or eat' conflict for people.
- Resources and skills required.
Resources and skills required to achieve this course:
- Indoor space.
- Tea & coffee facilities.
- People skills - high-level and respectful talking and listening.
- Sharing your existing skills (personal and otherwise) and developing them with others.
- Macmerry Mens' Shed
Watch the story of the Macmerry Mens' Shed unfold in the video clips below:
Setting up the project:
Celebratrating 5 years on:
- Kennoway Community Shed