- About this course
A free online course from the OpenLearn section of the Open University. The link gives you immediate access to begin the course.
24 hours study
Level 1: Introductory
No account required.
(If you do decide to create an account and enrol for free you receive a free statement of participation.)
'This free online course, Introduction to cyber security: stay safe online, will help you to understand online security and start to protect your digital life, whether at home or work. You will learn how to recognise the threats that could harm you online and the steps you can take to reduce the chances that they will happen to you.'
- Learning outcomes
After completing this course you will be able to:
- start to protect your digital life
- recognise threats to your online safety
- take steps to reduce the risk of online threats
- understand concepts including malware, viruses and trojans
- consider network security, cryptography and identity theft.
- Begin course
The course can be accessed via the link below. Will open in a new window.