This guide aims to:
• Help you establish, run and sustain a therapeutic gardening project.
• Describe the main aspects of therapeutic gardening.
• Highlight the areas that need careful consideration at each stage.
- What is a Therapeutic Garden?
- The Team
- The Target Group
- The Garden: Seeking a Site
- Designing a Garden
- Staff & Volunteers
- Attracting and Generating Money
- Promoting your Gardening Project
- Getting the Administration Right: Governance
- Health & Safety
- Managing Funds
- Record Keeping
- Measuring Progress and Planning for the Future
- Case Study
To access the ‘How to set up a Therapeutic Garden Project’ manual follow the link:
You can access a free paper copy of the manual by becoming a member of Trellis. Other suggested sources for further information can be found on the Trellis website www.trellisscotland.org.uk